Bringing in the new year represents a fresh start, but why can’t it mean fresh skates too?
Our pro shop has everything you need to skate through 2019. The pro shop has ten different styles of skates and has varying options based on your skating ability. We can help you through the process of deciding what skates are needed based on your level and style of skating. From there, we have everything to make your skates completely customizable, from wheels to laces. We even have attachable pom poms. Don’t forget to check out the protective gear we have on our pro shop site.
If you already have a pair of skates and just need a little update, new wheels are the perfect overhaul. Before buying new wheels for roller skates there are a few things to consider. We have the top ten tips on buying roller skate wheels.
- Determine your ideal wheel hardness by analyzing the surface you plan to skate on (softer surfaces = harder wheels and vice versa).
- A wheel’s diameter will affect acceleration, speed, stability, and weight while you skate.
- Wheels weigh a lot! In fact, they’re a large percentage of the skate’s overall weight.
- Watch your constant patch. That’s the overall amount of the wheel’s surface area touching the ground. A wider constant patch means more stability, but slower skating.
- The smoothness of your glide depends on the wheel’s hub and core materials.
- Tread is not as important as you think it is.
- Acceleration and roll time changes based on the skater’s weight.
- Count your pennies and pick something in your budget.
- Show off your signature style with fun colors or glitter.
- Choose your wheels, boots, and bearings based on the type of skating you do most often.
We hope with these helpful tips and tricks, 2019 will be a skate through the park. If you do have any other questions about skates or materials, don’t hesitate to contact us.