What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a roller skating rink? Here, at Skate Moore, we think of smooth rink floors, the sounds of a good time and the smell of snacks. We can sometimes forget that roller skating is extremely good for your health! Roller skating is actually recommended by the American Heart Association as a great aerobic activity.
Fitness and fun are not usually things that go hand in hand, but this is one of those rare and wonderful exceptions. So just what does roller skating do to improve your health?
- Even at a casual pace, roller skating can help improve your cardiovascular health.
- Looking to burn some calories? There no funner way to do it! Skating is actually proven to burn just as many calories as other aerobic activities.
- The strength benefits are tremendous! Skating around a rink on a regular basis can help your balance, and strengthen your leg and core muscles.
- As you continue to skate, your endurance will also continue to improve. So the more frequently you skate, the longer you will be able to roll around each session!
- In general, you will feel better! It’s no secret that exercising can do amazing things to how you feel from day to day. Roller skating is not only great exercise, it’s also a great way to unwind and let off some steam. Mental health, and physical!
It’s not very often that fitness and a genuine good time work so well together. Come visit us soon!